Dalgety Bay Weather: As at 11:45 am 25th August 2020
With a high of 15 °C and a low of 13 °C feels like 10 °C.
- After midnight heavy and light cloud until early morning
Wind: East North Easterly, (East North Easterly), (East North Easterly), North Easterly, North-North Easterly, (North-North Easterly).
Speed: 16-(25)-28-(24)-23-26-(25) mph
Gusts: 32-(43)-48-(43)-47-(45) (Overnight: 42-23) mph
Wind: Risk of pedestrians finding it difficult to walk and if the gusts reach over 40 mph being blown over. For drivers, the wind gusts will make it difficult to drive and you need to take special care on bridges. Some bridges may close.
Rain: There is also a risk of flooding because of the persistent rain and rivers and streams overflowing. Roads will have flood water too in all the usual spots. There may be some surprise showers before midnight tonight and overnight.
That is it from me and do have a terrific Tuesday despite the terrible weather. Surprisingly, the birds have gone into lockdown! I had a quick question from the birds, how do humans manage to carry around 4 or 5 umbrellas? I replied they don’t, the number of umbrellas in my forecast is to indicate the severity of the rain!
Met Office Warning
Heavy rain is expected during Tuesday and early Wednesday and is expected to result in some flooding and disruption to travel.
What to expect
- Some communities may be cut off by flooded roads
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Delays or cancellations to train and bus services are possible
- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life
- Homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings